PROMO HIGHLIGHT

Bloomingdale's

In 2023, Let's Cease and Desist With Distractions!

Well, hello, Evolver!

In just five more days, we'll be in another new year! That's right, 2023 is finally here, and if you're like me, you're wondering, "Wow, time sure does fly by!" I'm happy to inform you that, after a lot of thought and deliberation, I've already claimed my theme for the new year! It's "Doing Me In 23!" and let me tell you why.

My new theme for 2023 is not one I came up with to be selfish or pompous. No, it's quite the opposite. I have a lot going on, and I know that the only way I can make any of it work is if, and only if, I take charge of me. I must operate fully pumped at a 100%! And it's up to me to ensure I'm operating in an optimal state of mind, body, and spirit as often as I can. You see, I want to make sure I'm fully present in every moment I experience and create. And I want that very same thing for you, Evolver! After all, how can we truly be present for one another if we're not bringing the best versions of ourselves to this grand ol' party we call life?

(Prefer listening instead of reading?
Listen to this blog post at Youtube:)

Like me, you probably took a few minutes to think about whether or not you did all the amazing things in 2022 you said you would do at the start of the year. Every year, we promise ourselves we'll do something different, so I'm checking in with you. I realize that many of us let ourselves down when it comes to our new year's resolutions. So how about I ask, how did you do? If you didn't do so well, my friend, let me share something with you regarding how I handle this issue.

Evolver, one thing I do at the start of every year is make an achievable new year's resolution. Depending on how confident I feel, I might add two or three more to my list. At any rate, I've strayed away from driving myself crazy with unrealistic goals. I learned a long time ago to stop looking outside of myself for what I thought I wanted to do or to achieve. Now, I search inside myself to draw upon my own strengths and gifts. That's been extremely helpful to me. In fact, those achievable wins I've gained have been lifechanging and sustainable, as a result. What I've figured out is that, if I search inside myself, and create a goal for myself that truly makes me better, not for anyone else, only me, then I will make sure-footed strides toward my evolution. I will rise to the expectations of my own mind and soul. So, I've been doing exactly that for about 10 years now. How has it worked out for me, you ask? Well, it's wonderful! Every new year brings about a new personal journey for me. And every year, I continue to pile up small wins that add to more joy in my life. Through summation, I feel as if I've grown leaps and bounds, beyond the confusing upsets that once plagued my mind.

So, how did I get here? Well, once upon a time, I was just a guy from Opelousas, Louisiana who moved to Dallas to start a new life. I wanted to do some things differently. I wanted to be in the midst of city life, hustling and bustling in a thriving economy among a variety of people. Based on my humble beginnings, from a single parent household, dealing with a fragmented relationship with my father and my stepfather, and bearing the weight of being an only child connected to a mother who constantly worried about me, I just knew I had to figure it all out. Despite whatever hardships might come my way, I figured I would drudge up my strength from somewhere to survive and achieve what I desired. Most importantly, I knew I had to move about in life, on my own terms.

Finding the strength to beat challenges in life can be very difficult. Look around. There are many examples that validate this fact. You can simply watch the news, peer into social media posts, or listen to the plights of some folks in your own circles to know it. Perhaps, you know about life battles given your own personal struggles and roadblocks. They can hit you so hard that it seems like you'll never get over them. What a terrible feeling, right? And when we feel that way, we often look for others to come to our aid. Perhaps, we might seek out some guidance from some unknown source to assist us. Sadly, we might even work ourselves up into a state of despair because the help we seek won't come to us as expected. The people we thought we could count on will sometimes let us down. The financial structures and daily routines we put in place for ourselves might break in some unforeseen fashion. When these things happen, the question then becomes, where will we find our strength and hope to go on? The answer must be . . . ourselves.

Everyday, if we're not careful, we will find ourselves caught up in the happenings of the world. We'll get carried away, tossed about, whirled around, and finally dazed and confused. We will then wonder, "How did I get here?" It's easier to have this happen to you than you think. You quite possibly might have been through this already, or you're going through it right now. If you've gone through something like this in the past, then you know how difficult it has been for you to get to where you are now. So, being the wiser person you are today, you might question, "Could I have done things better? Could I have gotten over my problems or my issues sooner?" In my opinion, I believe a better question is, "Could I have avoided the chaos and hardships I went through altogether?" And the answer is . . . YES. You know better now, so you will do better.

What I could have done differently back then was avoid the distractions. I could have risen above the fray. I could have taken the straight line, not the "scenic route," toward my successful destinations. Instead, I made several stops along the way, listening to people I should not have listened to, doing things because I saw other people do them. And today, I know better. I'm me, Evolver. And you're you. What will always be true for us is that we can strive to become better. There is no one else to outdo in our lives except ourselves. So now, do you understand the reason why my theme, "Doing Me in 23" is so important?

As you head into the new year, I hope you realize just how blessed you are. You can now acknowledge that all the years you have lived through were learning experiences for you! Despite any difficulties you may have had, they were all meant to be. You were meant to see that plans sometimes fail. So, take a step back and replan. You were meant to learn that people, no matter who they are, will sometimes let you down. It's okay. After all, they're only human, right? You were meant to learn that you can become stronger, wiser, and bolder as you move into a new chapter of your life. That's what we're meant to do. We're meant to evolve!

Evolver, in 2023, to make it a better year for you, avoid your distractions. This sounds like something easy to do, but I can assure you it is not. Avoiding distractions isn't something you just wake up and say you'll do without having a game plan. Sure, you might know what your distractions are now. But what's going to prevent you from getting sucked back into to letting them keep from your goals in 2023? Knowing your distractions is easy. Getting clear with yourself to know what your requirements are for the new year is where the hard work starts. How you prioritize those requirements is another beast of a task. I'm not trying to encourage you to do this to pile more work on your plate in 2023. I'm simply urging you to do what you must to know exactly what you want, and know exactly how bad you want it, in 2023. Do more than carry your goals and dreams around in your head. Instead, write your requirements and your goals down. Plan how you'll reach them, and treat your requirements and goals in life as seriously as you treat the air you breathe and the food you eat.

Evolver, no one should care more for what you want out of life than you. That's your job. If you're waiting for people to cheer you on and urge you to carry out what's in your heart or your mind, then you're giving up your power to stir your own ship in life. You are giving yourself up to distractions that threaten to rip apart the plans you have for yourself. You're letting distractions continually pop up while you keep telling yourself, "I'll get to my plans later." Even worse, you might be thinking, "Who would even support me anyway?" Don't let that nonsense rob you of your strength and your confidence.

Evolver, cease and desist with those distractions in the new year! Instead say it with me, "Doing Me in 23!"

Every year, every day, every moment is another to make something spectacular happen!

You got this, my friend.

XO

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Tiktok

Comments

Popular Posts