PROMO HIGHLIGHT

Bloomingdale's

DO OVER DOUBT: Life is Difficult, BUT GO HARD ANYWAY! Don't Give Up.


Sure, when you see all the things I do online, and how busy I continue to keep myself in my corporate career as well as my entrepreneurship efforts, it sometimes looks effortless, right? But let me reassure you that nothing I do and continue to do is easy. However, one of the things I have learned how to do extremely well is manage my time while prioritizing the things that mean most to me. Let me say that again: PRIORITIZING THE THINGS THAT MEAN MOST TO ME.


It's no coincidence that my Daymond & Co. personal brand is created out of my sheer passion to succeed while fulfilling my own unique purposes in life. At the same time, I strive to help others do the very same thing. At our core, we all typically maintain the same personality and associated characteristics from birth to death. In our adolescence, our true nature tends to solidify and dictate how the remainder of our lives go. In high school, I graduated second in my high school class as Salutatorian, and I was nominated in three Senior Class categories, (a) Best Dressed Male, (b) Most Good Looking Guy, and (c) Most Likely to Succeed. But the one I WON was most likely to succeed :-)


DO OVER DOUBT: An Inspirational Insight
from Daymond & Co.


So here I am today writing this blog post as a Systems Engineer with a wealth of knowledge under my belt.  I'm also the founder of a multifaceted corporate LLC that serves as the hub for various creative and real estate services. But my heart is wrapped bountifully in my personal brand Daymond & Co. because it is the outlet that allows me to encourage you and others reading this blog post!


SO, LISTEN UP . . . LIFE IS A SERIES OF DELIBERATE STEPS. WE HAVE TO MARCH FORWARD, AND AS WE DO SO WE MUST . . . "DO OVER DOUBT!"


There is no way I could ever count the amount of mistakes I have made, disappointments I've struggled and suffered through, and the unsupportive jeers others have thrown my way. However, there is one mantra I've always stood by for every effort I expressly decided get through and succeed at. That mantra is "Do Over Doubt!"


In the past, some of my struggles have been dark and sad. But I promise not the bring you down in this blog post. Instead, I'll tell you about a pivotal moment in my life that stands out every time I think about the resilience I maintain throughout my life. And undoublted, it was my dearly departed mother who instilled in me that I should strive for my personal best, even though she didn't force me to do so.


I grew up in rural Opelousas, Louisiana. If you're not familiar with the area, it's a small town located in the heart of Louisiana . . . Cajun Country, Acadiana to be exact. The population is a little less than 20 000, and there is a whole lot of good eatin' there. Yum! Anyhow, as a child, I was originally zoned to attend a school closer to my home; however, because my mother worked in elementary education, she knew exactly what school she wanted me to attend. That elementary school was located outside my school zone, and it was excellent for my developmental education. To this day, I truly appreciate her sacrifice, because she did what she had to do to get me to school on time and get to her job by any means necessary. I began meeting other kids and finding friends. And I remember my best friend getting selected to be a Patrol Boy for the school as well as to participate in our city's regional Gifted Children's Program. I was so young then. I was in the sixth grade, yet I remember thinking to myself, "Why did he get selected, and I didn't? I'm just as smart as he is. In fact, we're friends because of it. And he's a patrol boy. I would like to help kids too!" There was no way I was going to remain unnoticed for my potential! Now don't get me wrong, I felt absolutely no bitterness toward my friend for his getting selected to do great things. WHAT I DID FEEL IS THE LACK OF OTHERS SEE IN ME WHAT I COULD ALREADY SEE IN MYSELF. Yes, I too could do great things; and yes, I was determined to do them.




You see, everything in our lives happens for a reason. At the age of 11, it was very clear to me that I would not be left behind in fulfilling my purposes in life. Let me clarify, I didn't want to become a Patrol Boy because my friend was one. I wanted to be a Patrol Boy so that I could guide other kids--especially the ones younger than I was--across streets and to the elementary school campus. Thus, I went to the principal's office, and I asked for the opportunity. It was granted to me. Additionally, I didn't want to participate in the extra-curricular Children's Gifted Program because my friend was a part of it. I wanted to be in the Gifted Children's Program because I needed intellectual challenges as well! It was the time we could get together with other students and solve difficult puzzles and problems. That program enabled us to perform at our very best in our school environment. Thus, at that point in my life, there was no turning back. And now, I have grown comfortable charting out my own path in life, and going after my unique accomplishments whether others see them as possibilities for me, or not.  I simply DO instead of DOUBT myself.  And if I can do it, then anyone else can too.


A hard lesson for people to learn is maintaining a vision for themselves when there is literally no one else around to help them with it. What happens when you're alone, and you don't know where to turn for direction? You have to find it yourself. You have to find strength, determination, and resilience to see beyond the mental brick wall that can kill your dreams. I have been extremely fortunate in my life to learn hard lessons very early. And now it is my purpose to help others learn how to attend #DeliberateSuccess!


XOXO

Daymond


Comments

Popular Posts